I'm using your option A with an SB2 + TacT S2150XDM. I am perfectly
happy with the setup, though I have often wondered if replacing the SB2
with a Transporter would make a clearly noticeable difference. I have
noticed slightly better sound when playing the same material through a
Cyrus CD8 with PSX-R power supply connected to my 2150XDM as compared
with the SB2, so the digital source appears to make a difference. But
that difference is far less pronounced than what I hear when I replace
the TacT with a Cyrus DAC-X and Cyrus Integrated 8 with PSX-R combo.

So I think it would make a subtle difference, but I think the benefits
of dynamic room correction would outweigh the improvements brought
about by using a Transporter with a non-room correcting amp - but thats
just my feeling!

Cheers,

Nikhil

--