Eric Carroll;180342 Wrote:

> You can always mod something, or sell something on non-performance
> features. Claims of performance and efficacy demand a higher standard,
> if you want my money.

And it may be a case of getting More For The Buck.

If using some special disc from a hardwood reduces vibration (which is
counterintuitive... a hard substance wouldn't absorb as much as a soft
wood), then would any hardwood do?  Does it have to be ebony?  Or would
something else do?  Would a softwood be better?  If the difference is
demonstratable as discernable, then I can go to the hardware store,
spend $10 and have the same improvement, saving money.

--
snarlydwarf