GaryB;180436 Wrote:

> My point is that a request for such testing is beyond the scope of
> 99.99% of the participants.  Since that is true, calls for these types
> of testing really are a way of saying everything Side A is saying is
> bunk since they can't provide the proof requested.
> It's really proof by assertion that these differences can't exist
> since they can't be proven to the satisfaction of Side B.

With the help of one other person it's really not hard to conduct
single blind testing, which, if done with some care and in good faith,
is usually good enough for these purposes.  Furthermore double blind
testing is trivial with a computer - there's at least one free program
(foobar2000 with the ABXY plugin) that does it.  In addition many
audiophile organizations have performed blind tests, as well as
researchers and audio magazines, and a lot of the data is publically
accessible and easy to find.  So your assertion that this is too
difficult, or that we don't know what the results are, just doesn't
hold water.

What's remarkable is the near absolute consistency of those results.
And no, this is not "proof by assertion" - there are literally hundreds
of these tests, and you can easily find the results yourself on the web
in a moment.

--
opaqueice