P Floding;180545 Wrote:
> In fact, you have no safe way of estimating plausability when you have
> incomplete knowledge. And if you have complete knowledge you know if it
> is POSSIBLE or not. So much for that distinction.

Not true, of course. Let me give two very contemporary examples. We
have incomplete knowledge of climate change, yet the IPCC recently
reported that it is very likely (90%) human activity is causing it, at
least, to a large extent. I would say the argument that climate change
is caused by man is plausible, wouldn't you? We also have incomplete
knowledge of how evolution works, but, to say the very least, it is
obviously plausible as a scientific theory. For you to say that we must
have complete knowledge of a phenomenon before we can create a plausible
operational theory is just plain stubborn, if not ignorant.

--
ezkcdude

DIY projects page:
http://www.ezdiyaudio.com

System:
SB3->EZDAC->MIT Terminator 2 interconnects->Endler Audio 24-step
Attenuators (RCA-direct)->Parasound Halo A23 125W/ch amplifier->Speltz
anti-cables->DIY 2-ways + Dayton Titanic 10" subwoofer

He's not hi-fi, he's my stereo.