I've been using dbPowerAmp for over a year and I think that it's great.
I've ripped over 1900 CD's with it during that time. I tried EAC and
ripped a bunch of CD's to compare with dbPowerAmp by ripping to FLAC
and then converting to WAV and all of the CD's I ripped matched - my
CD's are all in pristine condition. Since EAC was harder to use and
took much longer to rip with I decided to go with dbPowerAmp. The only
problem that I had was the lack of secure ripping - I rely on
AccurateRip a lot but since I started using YourMusic.com I noticed
that those pressings are not often in the AccurateRip database. The new
dbPowerAmp with secure ripping has now made this a non issue. Also, the
tagging and artwork from AMG is great. If there are any tagging issues
(or no tags in any of the databases) I use MP3Tag.

--
fred7