Hopefully we are talking about reds;) Seriously though, I could have
stated things better. Before I run out and spend all that money I need
to be reasonably convinced that it actually makes a difference. Then
with enough description I can decide if different in this case is
better, or at least more to my liking.

When the review of a bottle of wine starts out saying it has the flavor
of cherries I'm off to the next review. If that one says full bodied
with big berries then I know two things, one is that the two wines are
different, and I will probably prefer the latter.

But if someone says that they bought a case of $5/bottle wine, tried
one, liked it but then decided to trade the rest in for a case of
$20/bottle wine, and paid the difference. Then they waited 6 weeks in
anticipation before they got the new wine, tasted it and said they
liked it better, but without any details I'm not going to rush off and
trade my $5 wine for $20 wine.

Actually audio is much more difficult, the differences are more subtle
and our memory of sound is notoriously poor.

Since the option of listening to the two side by side is not available
to me I just some more detail.

--
regalma1