jdbaker;181977 Wrote:
> Anne,
>
> My SB3 feeding the B-100 with the DAC and PSB Platinum T6 speakers is
> my dream system. If you go that way I would love to hear how that
> sounds. In my home office system I have my SB3 analog to my Arcam A32
> using very nice Z squared copper interconnects and Monitor Audio Silver
> S6 speakers and I think it sounds terrific, I like the SB3 feed better
> than my Arcam CD72.

Well, my system is downgraded quite a bit, used to have a Micro Seiki
turntable, 5 channels with IMF RSPM and TLS80 transmissionlines, quite
an awesome experience.
Now I moved to a small apartment, have a Bryston B100 SST, my old
Philips DVD 963SA, a Nakamichi LX 5 tapedeck in perfect condition (but
not used at the moment), the SB3, Martin Logan Aeon I speakers and the
Stax SRM-006t & SR4040 headphone system (Signature II )
My interconnects are Black Magic Revelation, maybe not known in the
wide world, but they are highly respected, I use the same kind of cable
for the 963SA, the SB3, and to the Stax system.
The 963SA is set to oversample but I cant hear a difference from when
its not.
Well, the Arcam cd72 is a very respectable cd player isnt it ?
I am a bit surpriced that you find the SB3 better, but well, its about
personal taste.
I wrote my comment because I was a bit embarrassed, in the beginning I
was overjoyed by the SB3, thought it sounded much better than my 963SA,
I just forgot to compare it with the cd player !
My comments about the room/speaker interaction would be that its
actually a lot easier to hear the difference between SB3 and Philips
DVD 963SA through the speakers. Here the dvd player sounds even
brighter than experienced through the headphones. I sit very close to
the speakers and they are way away from the sidewalls. I can sit very
still and use the Bryston remote to switch back and forth.
jdbaker, I will get back to you when I (hopefully) get the dac, I have
very high expectations for it, as you always have with new equipment.
Dont forget to buy the March issue of Stereophile if you can, here its
tested.....
The Bryston B100 SST has 2 Toslink and 2 SPDIF connections, is the
Toslink the way to go then ?
Anyway, the Bryston B100 SST is one trasparent piece of gear, you have
absolutely no sense of the amplifier having any sound of its own, you
feel you are listening to the source, and only the source. With my
Martin Logans I also have the advantage to have extremely detailed
music at very very low levels. That was also my no. 1 priority when I
went searching for an amplifier for my speakers.

--
Anne