Has anyone else tried this linear power supply (GlobTek)?  I just got
mine in and I'm still waiting on the adaptor.

BTW, I don't qualify as a audiophile.  My system is rather modest:

SB3 (was using a Sony 595 CD player $120) [digital RCAtoXLR]->
Behringer DEQ2496 [digital XLRtoRCA]-> Panny XR55 (PCM to PWM digital
receiver) -> Monitor Audio Bronze B4 speakers

As a little background, the stock PS produces tons of RF noise on the
AM band as most of you know.  For the first few weeks I had it plugged
directly into wall socket.  Loved the convenience but the sound was not
much to my liking.  The soundstage was flat, the bass a little thin,
complicated loud parts of songs sounded congested, and by far the worst
was that it was very fatiguing.  I really didn't want to sit and listen
to music (it actually would start to hurt my ears!).  I almost returned
it.  I was really hoping that it would be at least as good as my cheap
sony player given that people were praising how much better music is
from a hard drive.  This certainly wasn't my experience.

Here's the interesting part.  I have a power regulator that I hook my
CD player, DEQ, and receiver.  This thing cost me $50 bucks
(http://www.superwarehouse.com/p.cfm?p=286058&CMP=KAC-Froogle) but has
been great for me since it often has to lower the voltage (step down)
from the wall to 120 volts.  Also, there appears to be some filtering
going on which is a nice bonus considering the price.

When I first got the SB3, I plugged it into the regulator and it didn't
work which I thought was strange.  Long story short, the plug for the
SB3 is rather small and it doesn't fit into the socket properly - bad
connection.  I finally gave it a try again once I figured out the
problem - just needed to prop the plug up in a vertical position and it
work!  Once it was plugged in, I started to listen and things were much
better.  I could now actually enjoy the music again!  The sound stage
deepened, ear fatigue lessened, and loud/complex passages were not as
congested.  Still not quite as good as the Sony 595 (still a little
congested in loud/complex parts) but close.  Given my past experience
with crappy power, it would seem that I would benefit from using a
linear supply.  I just wanted to hear other peoples experiences with
this particular GlobTek supply while I wait for the adaptor to come it.

--
Max F