Skunk;184027 Wrote:

> A good test might (?) be feeding I2S into the Sb from a Pro2M or other
> decent transport, preferably in the same box, then doing jitter
> measurements at the DAC to compare with streamed audio.

Actually the Sb3 would have to be tested without the transport
mechanism in the same box, or at least not powered/spinning while the
test takes place.

For me the biggest downside of cd players isn't skips, not getting all
the bits, or even having to get off my arse. It's having extra
electro/mechanical variables in the same box. These components are
working simultaneously alongside the DAC, whereas in HDD audio the
variable is eliminated completely.

Sorry for continuing the devil's advocate thing..

--
Skunk