pablolie;184033 Wrote:
> When I look at my chain and consider new loudspeakers, I am starting to
> think what the requirements will be 5 years down the line to make it
> worth the investment... and the truth is I don't know, so I am likely
> to stay put for now (unless I win the lottery).

That's going to be my own dilemma quite soon - exactly about speakers.
But quality speakers hold their value pretty well, better then any
digital components, aren't they? So I don't know how worthy it is to
wait 5 years. As I've seen in someone's post "in 5 years you'll be 5
years older and uglier" :) I also don't understand how much the
requirements can change beyond the amount of speakers required. Do you
believe in 5 years stereo will be non-existent?
I'm considering moving from my current Revels to Caravelles, but I have
no place to hear them.

--
325xi

simaudio nova cdp >> simaudio moon i-5 >> revel performa m20 via
acoustic zen matrix reference ii and acoustic zen satori

-planned additions:... >> deq2496 >> lavry da-10 >>...-