seanadams;184579 Wrote:
> How do you know that? And what does "+/-" mean? Are you even using the
> clock in your DAC as the master?
>
> What do you think it is then? If your hearing is as good as you say,
> I'd think you could easily identify it.
>
> Why would i2s sound good? You are still sending the clock across a
> transmission line, significantly degrading it from what you would have
> with the clock on-board close to the DAC. If i2s were a good way of
> doing an interconnect, lots of devices would use it.
>
> There is no reason to speculate about this stuff. With the right
> equipment it is very easy to see exactly what is going on. I can
> observe phenomena as minute as the jitter introduced by simply lifting
> a clock trace up off the PCB for a distance of one centimeter... we are
> talking far smaller factors than the noise you get linking exteral boxes
> together with cables, or from biphase clock recovery.
> Of course that's up to you, but I'm curious why you would think that.

The clocks in my DAC are STUNSU STGJ3s which are spec'd to that figure
for frequency stability. My TacT 2150 doesn't have a clock
output.

I never claimed to have special hearing ability. I don't know what's
causing the SQ differences I'm hearing.

Ask www.empiricalaudio.com about I2S.

You obviously aren't amiliar with the TacT 2150. It's a power DAC. It
takes a digital signal on SPDIF or AES/EBU. You can install an ADC
card, but why would I want to feed the TacT an analog output from the
TP's DAC and run it through an ADC?

--
jhm731