Skunk;185385 Wrote:
> I would love to be able to crimp canare connectors. The tool/die is
> expensive, so I've always checked ebay, but they're rare.

Bet it's less expensive than a set of expensive cables.  ;-)

But yeah, I think the tool is around $100 or so.  It would pay for
itself if you make several sets of component video cables, but as you
state, HDMI has replaced that application.

Perhaps the reason there's never one on eBay is that they last forever
and once you have one, you want to hold on to it to recoup your
investment.

--
Mark Lanctot

"It's like, you know, a New Age religion, but with better treble
response." - Jon Heal