Nikhil;186206 Wrote:

> A couple of quick questions - slightly OT
> 1) Do you find that the PSX-R improves the quality of the DAC-X? I have
> 2 PSX-R units, but 3 pieces of Cyrus gear that can be used with the
> power supplies. I felt the most audible benefit could be obtained while
> connecting the PSX-Rs to the CD player and Amp, but couldn't recognize
> any appreciable benefit when a PSX-R was connected to the DAC.
> 2) Did your DAC-X come with a remote control to switch digital sources?
> If not, what do you use as a remote control? I know the RC5 codes are
> provided in the manual, but I've never figured how to use them.
>
> Cheers

1) I have to admit laziness. I haven't gone overboard testing things. I
bought the PSX-Rs because of recommendation. My system is rather
difficult to get to to change cables etc quickly. I am also not very
good at testing as i don't claim to have golden ears. Lots of folks
suggest better power supplies are good.... even some of those that
think cables can be snake oil. The DAC-X isn't wildly better than my
Arcam 93T. The SB3 and dac is fantastic. My speakers have been an issue
for while, but these current KEFs work well.

2) The DAC-X doesn't come with a remote. I use a programmable philips
device. I can help with how to set the thing up if you wish.

--
mudlark

SB3>CyrusDACX>PreXvs>260A>KEFiQ7 cable Avondale
server Kubuntu Edgy, linkstation for storage.
DIY SB3 3A linear power supply.