Ok
Yes, I have done a search and read this thread;
http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=33527&highlight=break

But it still doesn't answer the question.
Is 'burn' or 'break-in' time when it comes to electronics/speaker
cables simply a psycho-acoustic phenomena or does something physical
actually happen to make the sound 'better'?

I'm auditioning some anti-cable interconnects and speaker cables on my
system (Magnepan MG12's, Jolida hybrid amp) and though a bit bright
sounding, overall I am quite pleased.
But the literature accompanying them suggests a minimum of 200 and up
to 500 hours of 'break-in' time.
Can someone help or at least offer their opinion?

--
mmg_fan