GaryB;188040 Wrote:
> TD,
> You do have a way of creating a strawman and then knocking it down.  I
> recommended Hagerman's site because he admits he doesn't know why
> burn-in works scientifically but does offer his own empirical findings.
> He also has built some relatively affordable burn-in accelerators and
> they seem to sell well.  I find this market acceptance an indicator of
> reasonable value given his very low key approach to advertising and his
> willingness to share openly his engineering.

What empirical findings?  I don't see anything on that page other than
some gibberish about materials and a whole bunch of unsubstantiated
claims.  All this from a guy that makes his living *selling a burn-in
product*.  At least the tobacco industry studies showing smoking is
good for you presented some fraudulent pseudo-scientific data - this
guy hasn't even bothered to go that far.

It never ceases to amaze me that some audiophiles regard the opinions
of untrained people, people with a direct financial interest in the
subject, as more credible than those of disinterested professional
scientists that do full-time research on it.  It's as if there's some
vast conspiracy of scientists working feverishly to hide the truth
about great audio, while a few brave Promethean dealers selling $1000
wires forge ahead expanding the frontiers of human knowledge....

--
opaqueice