johann;188586 Wrote:
>  Stating that all CD-players sound the same takes away all credibility
> they might have had.

Like I said they sometimes state their claims too bluntly, without the
proper qualifications. For a more qualified statement, read "Basic
issues in equipment reviewing and critical listening: our present
stance" in issue no. 16.

http://theaudiocritic.com/cwo/Back_Issues/

> So if one or a few blind tests gives a null result, you will believe
> that that proves there is no difference?
> From a scientific perspective a null result is nothing but a null
> result, it certainly doesn't prove that there is no difference.

He's not denying that high-end gear measures better than cheaper gear,
but that doesn't necessarily make a difference in terms of perceived
sound quality. If people graced with the golden ear couldn't tell the
difference between the Squeezebox and the transporter in a series of
methodologically valid ABX tests, I would conclude that I couldn't tell
the difference myself and, hence, wouldn't invest in a Transporter.
Although I would like to ABX them myself.

--
Nostromo