325xi;189054 Wrote:
> The only thing left is to find whether what they are doing at their
> price is good enough for background listening while working, or I'm
> better to add up a bit and get some NAD with something like Monitor
> Audio...

For true background listening in an office, I think they are perfect.
You do need to get a 3rd party remote control to handle volume and such
if you don't want to get up and do it manually, but at least there are
some 3rd party remotes available.

If you're just listening in the background in an office, with no "alone
moments" to sit and really listen to music (the way you might do with an
audiophile system at home), I don't see the need to spend the extra to
get a seperate amp and monitors.  It's even good enough IMHO if you're
at home and want something in the living room to have music around when
guests or over or something like that, if you're not really trying to
drive the speakers to loud levels.  Of course, everyone's thresholds
and values are different...

--
PhilNYC

Sonic Spirits Inc.