Robin Bowes;189863 Wrote:
>  My expectations are that you cannot say that one digital source
> "should
> be as good" as another". I'm not in a position to say whether one is
> better than the other or vice versa, but I certainly wouldn't expect
> them to be the same. I believe that is a more valid expectation than
> yours.
>
> R.

You're right, I shouldn't expect the Mac Mini's and SB3's digital
outputs to sound exactly the same, so I'd like to revise the
expectation of my original suggestion to creativepart

Option one: Mac Mini's built in optical digital output to an external
DAC. Option two: a Mac Mini wirelessly connected to a SB3, and then
digital out to the same external DAC.

Revised expectation: Option one should sound better.

--
jhm731