opaqueice;190389 Wrote:
> Please.  I don't care nearly enough about this to be considered a
> fanboy, and I don't own a Transporter.

You cared enough to post a jab at Patrick :-)

Are you sure he's not an engineer? I'm not, but I know he has some test
equipment and I'd assume a clean workspace as well. I always pictured
Slim Devices 'lab' as an 'office' anyway. There are results of
Patrick's SPDIF output upgrade posted on his site, FWIW. (*,**)

I think the mistake is considering it a squeezebox at all. Sb3 is a
brilliant way to get the audio from a PC into a format the DAC can
understand. $300/unit (not including qty discount) isn't bad for the
processor, logic, and server- if it allows a designer to focus on
making the most of the clock/DAC/Power Supplies, instead of spending
years figuring out the former. Surely you don't think Sean is the only
person capable of designing a DAC worth listening to?

* http://www.at-view.co.uk/sb2_spdif.htm
** http://www.at-view.co.uk/sb2_jitter.htm

--
Skunk