In another thread, amcluesent wrote:
 > The only 'tweak' I have ever
 > *personally* noticed making an improvement was putting a ferrite-core
 > around the mains lead going to the TV.

Seems to me that this is a good excuse to start a fresh thread.

My favorite tweak, which is free, is to move your speakers.
Specifically, move them away from the walls and into the room.
At least it is free to try.

If you have the room, put them five feet from any wall, this eliminates
the Haas Effect, by making reflected sound take at least 10 milliseconds
longer than direct sound.

It generally has a startling impact on imaging and soundstage.

The only downside is that having speakers away from the wall has lousey
WAF, so you may have to either buy nice dinners, or put them back when
you are not doing serious listening.

--
Pat
http://www.pfarrell.com/music/slimserver/slimsoftware.html