CardinalFang;190706 Wrote:
> Here's a good one - cup your hands behind your ears. It's amazing how
> much more detail you can hear, but your hands get tired after a while.
> :-)
>
> OK, so it's not entirely serious, but I do remember seeing cardboard
> "ear amplifiers" at a HiFi show once in the UK!

Actually works amazingly well, was in a pizza type restaurant you know
the type with tiled floors, tiled walls and bare plaster painted
ceiling, a lot of noise reflection chitter chatter what a racket.
Direct your head and hand/ear cups towards the person who is down the
other end of the table who's  lips are moving but you have no idea as
to what is being said, and werhay you can hear them :)

--
Deaf Cat