Pat Farrell;191123 Wrote:
> To me, proper placement is 5 feet from all walls, but even in fairly hi
> end audio shops, far too many speakers are pushed up against the wall.
> So clearly some people have not gotten the memo

I use some fairly old Rega Ela speakers that supposedly were designed
to be placed much closer to the wall to reinforce the bass, but I find
that this collapses the imaging. Five feet into the room wouldn't work
for me either  - here in dear old England, rooms, especially in older
houses, tend to be compact and bijou, to use a well-worn phrase. My
compromise is toed-in, a foot or so off the rear wall.

My other favourite cheap tweak is to pull out and re-insert cables now
and then to clean the connectors, although I have never tried contact
cleaner - does that work for anyone?

--
CardinalFang