The 12A supply was very cheap to let it pass.
However, it doesn't seem to be too big. Just slightly larger than the
3A supply. Same open frame construction.

Specs do not call for mandatory forced air cooling, so no fan is
required.
The most obvious differences being the slightly larger PS, filter caps
and four TO-3 regulators instead of a single one in the Power One unit.

But I understand your concerns about heat and EMI radiation. I'll
probably just enclose in a dedicated Context Engineering box, just like
the other one.

BTW, the MTBF of the unit is in excess of 200,000 hours, BTW. Medical
grade stuff...

--
crooner

SB3 with Custom Linear Power Supply
Lite Audio DAC-60 Tube DAC
VPI Scout with Benz Micro Glider M2
Audio Research PH3, SP16L and VS110
Vandersteen 2Ce signatures, 2W subwoofer.