Or spend the money on a higher quality DAC and keep the SB3.

I run mine through an Audio Synthesis DAX Discrete
http://www.audiosynthesis.co.uk/dax_discrete.htm and the sound is
superb. I did have an order for a Transporter but never bothered as  I
could not see the point of paying that much just for the transport bit.
Only minor downside is my needle drops are all 24/96 and the SB3 limits
me to 24/48. Not a huge problem as if I want that resolution I will run
up the SME and listen to the original!

Try giving Audio Synthesis a call direct and see if they will give you
a deal on the DAX Decade (previous version but still superb. They will
also let you have one for a trial without any hassle.

--
Heuer