Rick B.;193748 Wrote:

> "Once the highs and lows have been separated in this fashion, the
> strong current pulses and surges that a woofer demands when reproducing
> bass or drums will not interact with the delicate sounds of a flute or
> cymbal.  The magnetic field of the low frequency signals cannot
> modulate or interfere with the highs, and to a lesser extent, the
> reverse is true.

Well, frankly this explanation sounds like nonsense.  I don't see any
way in which the magnetic fields generated by current in one wire will
interfere with or significantly affect another.  There  probably exist
tiny non-linear effects like that, but the phase of the moon has an
effect as well.

> Now that the low and high frequency signals have been divided among not
> only the speaker drivers, but the speaker cables, these cables can be
> more specialized for their intended purpose.  The woofer cable can
> concentrate on low DCR, and not have any big concern for extremely low
> inductance, the tweeter cable can be designed for very low inductance,
> and not as concerned about total DCR.

Now this is something completely different.  It is true that, for
certain exotic speakers, the impedance can dip pretty far down at
certain frequencies, which could mean that the speaker cable would have
a real effect - although that depends a lot on the amplifier.  Exactly
how you would engineer the cable to best avoid that depends on the
speaker *and* the amplifier.  But it's really rhe exception that proves
the rule - yes, there are very special cases you can find where the
cables matter, and where bi-wiring might therefore have an audible
effect, but you have to look pretty hard, and you have to remember how
many other factors there are in this game (speaker position, listening
position, room acoustics, speaker frequency response, ear wax) which
are just much more important.

--
opaqueice