Jitterbug;193868 Wrote:
>  I set up Arta, but to be honest am fairly clueless about how to use it

On the top row, there are several buttons. Select SPA (SPectrum
Analyser).
With the buttons on the right side of the display, use "Top" and
"Range" to obtain 0 at the top of the display, and -140 at the bottom.
With FrHigh and FrLow buttons, manage to have the Frequency scale
between 10600 and 11400 Hz, with 11000 in the middle.
There are a few drop down selection to check: ignore "Gen", set Fs to
96000, FFT to 131072, "Wind" to Kayser7, Avg to none.
Then, connect your source to the sound card input, and hit the arrow
like red button (next to SPA on the right) to start "record".
Depending on levels and gains, you may need to do some calibration, in
order to span the spectrum all over the display: the peak value should
be close to 0dB. It's possible from the menu bar, "Setup", "Calibrate
devices". It's a good idea too, to browse help, user manual,
introduction. You may also want to test your soundcard, it's explained
in the first topic under "Spectrum analyser".

I use FastStone Capture to capture and save screens.

Have fun!

JLM

--
jlmatrat