Deaf Cat;194625 Wrote:
> So, not knowing much about electrics and putting it simply, I take it
> that the BNC connection is a much better designed connection for
> maintaining constant electrical contact...? (rather than an RCA
> connection)
> A BNC connector is designed to have an impedance that matches the
transmission line (which in this case should be 75 Ohms).  If you then
design your driver and receiver circuits to be 75 Ohms, and use a 75
Ohm cable in between, you minimise reflections.  By minimising
reflections, you are better able to determine the precise point at
which the digital signal goes from 1 to 0 or 0 to 1, which is what you
use at the DAC to synchronise your clock.

--
Patrick Dixon

www.at-tunes.co.uk