Hi,

today I had a close call with the Transporter. Connected it directly to
the amp (Bryston 4BSST) because of all the hype.

Sounds nice, little more detail, less dynamic than with the preamp but
after a while it started to disconnect from the server.
Then a loud pop while reconnecting...even though the audio is "Always
On", hm.

Now that wasn't the most important issue. The bigger problem was that
the Transporter was very warm, and that was probably the cause of the
disconnections.
So now I quickly returned the preamp and all is fine, almost cold to
the touch.

Why no one warns about this, seems to me that the impedance of the amp
was too small thus stressing the Transporter...or is it something else?

--
nuhi