willyhoops;199078 Wrote:
> the point is that without drm (basically where we are now becuase itunes
> drm is dead) music sales collapse, artists stop making music unless its
> mega bucks pop t-shirt sales stuff, our economy shrinks a bit, and the
> record companies won't release fancy new formats as digital files we
> can copy to our devices.
>
> so life would clearly be better if drm was possible... and once you
> start thinking that way you realise how well maybe with a bit of
> lateral thinking and tough anti piracy legislation...

Geezz... I never thought that people could be influenced this much by
the propaganda of the RIAA...
Roughly seen, I bought about 350 titles when my age was between 20 and
30 (not much compared to a lot of other people but here in the
Netherlands we used to pay a lot more than in the USA). These days I
hardly buy a CD, in the last 5 years it's probably some 20 to 30
CD's...
Why? It has nothing to do with piracy, all the music I play with my
squeezebox, I have bought!
First, it's because I've bought quite a lot of DVD's. (that's money I
can't spend on CD's).
Second, I've spend a lot of money on photographic hardware (that's
money I can't spend on CD's).
Third, I redecorated my house partially. (that's money I can't spend on
CD's).
And last but not least: the music the big companies invest in is mostly
utter crap (IMO), 99.9999% of it should never have been released. And
DRM handicapped crap I will NEVER buy... I will decide how and where I
will play my music, that's not something the music companies need to
decide for me...

--
servies