opaqueice;199794 Wrote:
> If you want a DAC that's immune to input jitter, you should probably buy
> one that was designed with that goal in mind - which the Transporter was
> not.  The Benchmark DAC 1 for example claims to be totally immune to
> jitter, and measurements back that up.

I don't think you should spend $1k for an ASRC chip. Just live with it
and forget jitter exists. If you really care about the particular
source so much, have someone add clock input capability.

For the stuff you *really* care about (music), ripping to the hard
drive and streaming to the local dac/clock, before the timing is added,
is better anyway.

IMO the clock output capability, combined with a hard drive source for
most critical listening, suggest that the Transporter WAS in fact
designed to be totally immune to jitter- for those who really care
about it anyway...

--
Skunk