I have found that streaming 48KHz/24bit to my SB3 works fine, but
96KHz/24bit has a problem.

When it worked for you, were you running a similar scenario, with the
large analog VU meters as your screen saver? I found that this ruined
the stream, and it appeared the SB3 simply could not handle both tasks
at the same time.

The SB3 is limited to 48KHz (from everything I have read,) so I imagine
when streaming 96KHz, it is attempting to drop every other sample. I
think it is the SB3 attempting to do the decimating, and not
Slimserver.

This is with FLAC -> FLAC as the format conversion, attempting to use
FLAC -> WAV results in white noise.

I checked the digital optical, coaxial, and analog outputs, and they
all exhibited the same behavior at the same time.

--
Ron F.