Animeka;200169 Wrote:
> I am looking for a small amp, for the SB3. I don't want a tuner, CD
> player or anything else. Just an amp. So far, I found these two by
> looking thru the photos posted here.
>
> - Zvex iMP amp (a bit pricey for me right now)
> - Trends Audio TA-10.1 (price is fair, i can go a bit higher)
>
> Any other suggestions in that style/size amps?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Marc

I don't know your reasons for a "tiny amp". But there isn't anything
much "smaller" than "no amp" :-). That is a pair of Meridian Speakers.
Just plug the SB3 Digital Coax straight in and your done.

Here is the whole system (well half, the other half looks the same :)
).

http://softronix.com/pictures/IMG_1691.JPG

You asked for a tiny amp, you can't get much smaller than packing it in
the speaker. Has dejitter, digital crossover and upsampling as well.

http://www.meridian-audio.com/w_paper/DSP_speakers_scr.pdf

Don't flip out the price though, this is the audiophile forum.

audiogon.com often has them used for reasonable prices. Usually from
someone upgrading to the next model up.

I dumped a pair of B&W N803's with Krell amps for a pair of DSP-5500's
and I never looked back. So nice to get rid of the massive amps and
cables.

--
mswlogo