Timothy Stockman;200581 Wrote:
> What's at the beginning of the file? (Track 2 - "Forget Me")  Nothing
> out-of-the-ordinary that I can see.  First view is the beginning of the
> file, showing intertrack "silence", then the cymbal hit followed by the
> first piano note.  In the second, the vertical scale is blown up so you
> can see the silence is very low level noise.  Then, just before .43
> seconds, you can see track noise appear, followed by the cymbal hit at
> .48 seconds.  Nothing fishy that should produce any audible effects.

After further unstructured experiment (i.e playing some tracks) I am
pretty sure this "burbling" effect is the TP getting up to speed with
the 24/96 data stream which I suspect is close to the limits of what
the processing power of the unit can handle.  It feels to me like it is
filling some kind of internal buffer or pipeline before it "gets a grip"
and then plays OK.  However at some later stage it can fall behind again
if it has to do much else, such as running a more complex screen saver,
and the effect reappears.

My experience is that once you go through the initial disturbance, and
assuming you are not taxing the processing power with much else, you
can play through the whole album with no re-occurance, but if you stop
and restart you get the effect again for a short period.

YMMV,

davep

--
davep