Good point about knocking over, I had not thought of that yet.  I was
thinking more along the lines of protecting the drivers from fingers,
pencils, food etc.

My cat was sitting listening and obviously noticed the bass driver
moving, sat right up close, watching and listening, and then up came a
paw and 'luckly' gently tapped the center dome (claws in, thank
heavens) Oh there bas a bit of shouting to say the least, and luckly
enough he has not even thought of doing it again.....

Screw/clamp them down with wire mesh driver grills ?

I like the monster idea :)

Pillows as dampeners :)

--
Deaf Cat