tonyptony;203174 Wrote:
> Figured out how to do it. But is there a general consensus that flat.txt
> is the right target curve file?
>
> I read through this page (
> http://inguzaudio.com/measurement/processing-sweeps/impulseprep-for-drc/
> ) and it seems that Inguz already creates a flat version of each file,
> so I guess I'm not quite sure why I should replace the default target
> file name, for example in normal.drc, with 'flat.txt' if a version of
> that is already being made.
>
> Hmm, it seems not to be working. Here's what's in the prep.log
>
> Processing left measurement (left.wav)...
> Left channel seems to be the sweep
> Impulse peak at sample 568 (4.38m, 14.38ft)
> Filtering...
> Deconvolution: left impulse done.
>
> Processing right measurement (right.wav)...
> Left channel seems to be the sweep
> Impulse peak at sample 571 (4.41m, 14.46ft)
> Filtering...
> Deconvolution: right impulse done.
>
> Splicing and normalizing (1)
> Splicing and normalizing (2)
> Analyzing response curves.
>
> Index was outside the bounds of the array.
> at ImpulsePrep.Program.Prep(String infileL, Boolean isInvertedL,
> String infileR, Boolean isInvertedR, String stereoImpulseFile, String
> outFile)
> at ImpulsePrep.Program.Main(String[] args)
>

> And I only got one Impulse_Response_Filtered and one
> Impulse_Response_Measured wav file created.

The file in question is the _target_ curve, which could be flat, or one
of the others (the one I use gradually rolls off in the treble-- if you
open up one of the files, you'll see frequencies, followed by tab
characters, then by numbers representing how far up or down you want
the target to be). The "flatness" control in the inguz plugin will make
the curve closer to the original response or the target, depending on
how you set it. If you choose the flat target, it will indeed make it
closer to flat.

I haven't created new filters in a long time, so I don't know if there
are new problems, but I never saw error messages like the ones you had.
Could you tell us what the exact command line you typed was? It could be
something as simple as not having gotten the command line right.

--
totoro

squeezebox 3 -> mccormack dna .5 -> audio physic tempo 4