Ned Ludd;203714 Wrote:
> As you guessed, the cable is phone-DIN and has a metal locking ring.
> I'll take a look at it and see if I can figure out how to connect the
> center pin to the metal body.  Barring that, I might take a shot at
> connecting the Nait's center pin input to its case.  Unless it is
> something real simple, however, I am a bit hesitant to fiddle with the
> Nait's innards.  I assume there is no simpler way?
It's a long time since I took apart a Naim amp, but they always used to
have simple screws holding the case together, inside the rubber feet.
You could loosen one of those screws then tighten it back up with a
wire captured underneath, then connect the other end of the wire to the
outer ring of a phono plug, and plug it into the Squeezebox's COAX
digital output (with nothing connected to the centre pin of the phono
plug).

Another option would be to buy a 5-pin DIN plug from somewhere like
Radio Shack (even a cheap plastic-bodied one will do), and on the
inside connect the centre pin to the metal sleeve. Then put it back
together and just plug it in to a spare DIN socket on the Nait.

But if you find the Nait is really easy to open up, it should be very
simple to insert a wire between one of the -ve input socket pins and
the (grounded) chassis. That gives you a much neater installation,
because it's all internal to the Nait.

--
cliveb

Transporter -> ATC SCM100A