Ned Ludd;203772 Wrote:
> For what its worth, the CD player I substituted out for the Squeezebox
> was not grounded (i.e., it had 2 pin power cord) but it did not give me
> a hum problem when used with the Nait.
That's probably because it has a power supply with significantly less
mains ripple. I hate to say it, but the stock SB power supply does seem
pretty bad in this respect. The kitchen system in my house is an SB2
feeding a pair of powered (but ungrounded) multimedia speakers, and
they'd been used successfully for years with other sources. It was only
when the SB2 was hooked up that I had to ground the speakers' power
supply.

--
cliveb

Transporter -> ATC SCM100A