results, please visit http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=19817
Question: Should there be a new forum for photos?

- yes
- no
- maybe

I really like the sound of the 2W. Mine is an older model made in the
mid 1990s. Ideally you'd want a pair, but my room is rather small so a
single one works best in this situation.

The biggest improvements are in midrange clarity and articulation of
the bass. Since they free the 2Ce Sigs from handling everything below
80 Hz, the dynamic range incrases tremendously. And the midrange
doesn't have to work the midbass at all. Technically you are bi-amping
the system.

In order to provide the most transparent connection, it is best to use
the finest capacitors you can afford for the high pass filter. I hard
wired a pair of VH-Audio V-Cap Teflon caps inside my ARC VS110. These
caps are about the finest available, so the signal degration is
minimal. Hardwiring prevents adding extra connectors to the signal
path...

--
crooner

Customized dual chassis "Super Squeezebox"
EAD DSP-7000 Series III DAC with HDCD and mods.
VPI Scout with Benz Micro Glider M2
Audio Research PH3, SP16L and VS110
Vandersteen 2Ce signatures, 2W subwoofer.