GaryG;204209 Wrote:
> Yes, a GNSC 'Statement' Wadia 861se, I've now put it up for sale and
> will shortly be selling my SB+ as I've now got a Reference Audio
> modified Transporter, Btw, I used to have a DAX Discrete, upgraded from
> a DAX Decade (both Black Gate versions), although I preferred the Decade
> and sold the Discrete and went back to a Decade.
>
> Regards
> Gary

Are you running the modded Transporter without an external DAC?

After listening to the Discrete in my system I found the opposite to
you and difficult to go back to the Decade - must be system dependant.

I am currently comparing 24/96 ND's made from my SME20/Koetsu
Platinum/Sutherland Ph.D to the FLAC files via Transporter (my passion
is vinyl) and they are fairly close in terms of sound quality. A little
loss of 'air'  but impressive none the less.

--
Heuer