So thanks to Hugh I was able to get past the problem I was having with
DRC generating the correction files from my room sweeps. I generated
two sets of files: one set with the default target curves and a second
with the targets replaced with flat.txt. I also used the normal.drc on
Hugh's website and the right mic cal file (I use a Behringer ECM8000).
I'm attaching the response curve taken from the Measured Impulse sweep,
and the Test Convolution for the one I wound up selecting for my first
experiment (this one was from the normal_direct WAV filter using
flat.txt).

Now, if the Measured Response file is right, you can see that my
uncorrected room response is not so bad above 300Hz, but gets pretty
nasty down low. The selected correction curve, again assuming all
inputs were proper, shows a pretty decent response down to about 30Hz.
So that's why I decided to try it.

Guess what? I didn't care for it at all. Sounded thin and bleached, not
real. I played around, randomly selecting other correction filters, and
did find a couple that sounded interesting. But I gave up on real long
term critical listening today because my ears are a little blocked,
thanks to allergies.

(BTW, my standard for what sounds real is regular attendance at
classical and acoustic jazz performances for the last 5 years at the
Kimmel Center in Philadelphia).

So the questions I have for longer term users of Inguz are: are the
convolved Test responses a reasonably accurate prediction of the
modified room response? Are there any tips from others who have taken a
careful look at the test responses to suggest how to interpret them?

|Filename: selected_filter.jpg                                      |
|Download: http://forums.slimdevices.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=2870|

tonyptony