Heuer;206111 Wrote:
> Transporter and then upgrade later to a better external DAC if you see
> fit. SB3 will play 24/96 files but crudely drops every other sample to
> play at 24/48. Transporter does 24/96 perfectly.
>
> If you are going to rip vinyl or download high rez files the
> Transporter is the only option.

I already have the SB3, not the transporter, and was wondering if the
money spent on replacing it with a transporter would be better spent on
an external DAC.  The advantages to the X-DAC V8 include the USB input
for PC and the tube output option.  It upsamples to 24bit 192kHz, and
can take such an input.  I guess my biggest question, will the SB3 pass
the highres files to the DAC, or does it just refuse to try and play
them.  I know its DAC cannot handle them, and the transporter can, but
if you are using an external DAC can the SB3 pass the signal even?  I
certainly do not want to spend the money on the Transporter, then
another chunk on an external DAC to go with it, I would be looking to
the transporter as the final DAC I buy for this system.

--
linuxtx