elmstreet;207589 Wrote:
> I had a little update this morning.
> In fact the yet to be announced product would fill a gap between SB3
> and Transporter. It seems it would be around $1000.
> If this is true, it could be the SB+ with XLR we are all waiting for.
What we (audiophiles) are waiting for isn't remotely what the mass
market is waiting for. The average Joe wouldn't have a clue what an XLR
output is for; nor would he possess any other equipment to take
advantage of it. Assuming Logitech want to ship Squeezeboxes in volume,
they will have to address the needs of the mass market. Sound quality is
already more than good enough for that.

It strikes me that the existing hardware is already fine for the mass
market. The barrier to the Squeezebox becoming a mainstream product is
the backend - the slightly geeky nature of Slimserver, and the somewhat
involved process of ripping CDs and tagging files. I predict that
Logitech will focus on these issues rather than mess with the
Squeezebox itself.

--
cliveb

Transporter -> ATC SCM100A