Hi All,
I don't think I really qualify as an audiophile - but I'm pretty
certain that I can hear the difference between 128Kbps mp3 or aac files
and a CD. As the bit rates go higher it gets harder for me to tell. I've
recorded all of my CDs at 320Kbps/mp3. I've done a few LPs to wav - but
it is just so darn convenient to use mp3 - and easier to move them
around the 100mbps network in my house.

Has anyone done a listening test between CD and 320Kbps MP3?

Also, what do people think of the new Apple non-DRM AAC 256Kbps files
that are now available (EMI only). At a minimum - at least it is a step
in the right direction...

Best Regards,

Kevin

--