kkitts;208633 Wrote:
> Are there other tools that might "cut" tracks out of a wav file.
So far you've had plenty of replies concerning the conversion to FLAC
part of your enquiry, but not much about the track-splitting
requirement. The program you should take a look at is called CD Wave
(www.cdwave.com). It will scan a WAV file looking for silences which
may indicate the track boundaries, and put "split point" at those
places. You may then manually correct any mistakes it may have made
(eg. a quiet section might be taken for a track boundary; segues may be
missed). Or you can place all the split points manually from scratch if
you prefer. Then the program will write the individual tracks out to
separate WAV files. This is much simpler than using an audio editor to
mark and save each track, and CD Wave guarantees to put split points at
CD block boundaries (which is important if you plan to ever write those
tracks to audio format CDRs). Note: You'll have to convert the output
to FLAC using another tool.

I have no connection to CD Wave. (In fact, I sell another program that
includes similar functionality, but for your purposes I think CD Wave
is your best option).

--
cliveb

Transporter -> ATC SCM100A