Phil, I liten only in stereo,
Please try, if you have the time without the altman, And with Optical
some day.

If you can hear the things i and "Hammer65" do without the altman then
we know it´s jitter or clocks.
I don´t know how good the X-DAC v3 is on treating jitter?

My friend "Hammer65" have built his own DAC i think it´s "Crystal"
inside. He is very good on the electronics side,

He helped me modd my SB3 Coaxial Output with a "digital isolation
transformer"
Before that modd the Coax sounded much worse than the optical

We both work at the same office and talk alot about "high end" etc

I am "only" a computer engineer so iam not that good building stuff
like "Hammer65"

/Mats :-)

--
omega