-Phil i I did the 63 preeamp setting.. but the same result.

-opaqueice

Hi,
I selected neil youngs album "Rust never sleeps" the first track "My
My, Hay Hay (Out of the Blue)

My girlfriend then played the first track "My My, Hay Hay (Out of the
Blue) for 5 times in a row.

She started the track from the beginning each test run, Played the song
for about 30 sec then press the "Pause"
Then a very short break, Then she had two options.

1. Just press "Pause" again and continue  = The same Sound no "High End
Effect"
Or
2. press "Pause" and "power OFF", "power ON, "Now Playning", "Pause" =
"High End Effect"

I was not aware of any of her Choices during the test, My eyes was
shut.

2 Times she Just pressed "Pause" again and continue  = The same Sound
no "High End Effect"
3 Times She pressed "Pause" and "power OFF", "power ON, "Now Playning",
"Pause" = "High End Effect"

I was 100% right all the time...

About the "Click" sound you mention, My SB3 is always silent, i Have
never heard any "Clicks" During power On/Off.
But i have the "Digital Outputs Always on setting" and a External Dac.

My brother was visiting yesterday, he needed som help with a "GPS" and
a map program too his Computer,
Anyway i did "Test" Run on him. This was not a "Blind Test"

But i just said:

-Sitt in the "Sweet spoot" and listen to my new Stereo setup, it sounds
realy good.

I selected "Hellsongs" album "Lounge" and track "Run to the hills"
Then i played this for a lite time , Then i "Restarded" the track from
the beginning and i did the "Pause" and "power OFF", "power ON, "Now
Playning", "Pause" = "High End Effect"

I did not tell him anything, (This was just a test for my own).

Then he said:

-Now it even sounds better!
-What did you do ? Removing som kind of filter ?
-The sound is more free now, feels like more Air.

Then i told him about this hole thing, (Placebo etc)
And i played more track from other albums.

He "LOL" about it the hold thing!

He said:
-This is not a placebo thing! The differance is huge!

Later this week another friend will visiting me and pickup som CD´s
that i ordered for him.
The group is called "Groundation" a nice reggae band i can highly
recommend.
I will do a "Test" Run on him too.

Anyway i have not have the time for much testing this week,
I am planning a "Firmware" and "Slimserver" downgrade, just for
testing..

"Hammer65" is doning some testing and will post something later?

But This friday "AUDIO LAB DATA" is coming home to my flat and measure
!
I will start with "Pink Noise" Wave and se if we see something.

But the guy a talked with said that a "Spektrum Analyse" maybe not
showing anything.
They measure from 20 HZ - 20.000 HZ "Only" and if this is a "Overtone"
thing beyond 20.000 HZ..
We will try and see this for a starter.

This kind of measurement cost some money... I will se how far i will
take this thing..

/Mats :-)

--
omega