Nick77 wrote:
> Now that I finally own an SB3 which I am very impressed with, I am
> currently using the coax digital out. I am no longer sure which cable
> to use. I thought coax was the perferred choice but am now hearing
> glass toslink is superior. Has anyone made their own expensive
> comparisons between cables and care to share results.

Try it and decide for yourself.

When I was using my Benchmark DAC-1 from my SqueezeBox, I did a fair
amount of testing between the Toslink and coax cables, as the Benchmark
had both and a nice switch to toggle. I heard no difference at all.

For normal lengths, say a meter or so, I can't imagine any difference at
all, even if you tried to use AES/EBU (altho I didn't try this).

--
Pat
http://www.pfarrell.com/music/slimserver/slimsoftware.html