I recently had my Behringer ECM8000 microphone calibrated  by
Cross-Spectrum Labs with some interesting results (cost $50,
http://www.cross-spectrum.com/measurement/mike_meas.html).  A very
different calibration file was the result.  See the attached graph --
green is the stock ecm8000.txt file that comes with DRC, red is the
calibration file for my ECM8000 with a Tascam US-122L preamp/USB
interface.  The calibrator's experience with about a dozen ECM8000s is
that though they show pretty good response (esp for the price), but
they are all over the place.

Haven't done a ton of listening with this, but immediately had to
switch from 'normal' to 'soft' -- it was just too bright and there was
some occasional weird digital distortion (maybe it was clipping).
Further experimentation with different target curves now required.

Curious if others have had their mics calibrated and if the results
were as surprising.

|Filename: cal vs uncal.jpg                                         |
|Download: http://forums.slimdevices.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=3041|

muski

SB3->Bryston BP25DA->Bryston 4B-SST->Watt Puppy 7s
Transporter->Headrom Max Balanced Amp->Balanced AKG701s