Hi,

I've got a SB3 and I'm very satisfied. But, I just replaced my whole
stereo to the room where my computer is. And I bought a new motherboard
(Asus P5B) with onboard audio and a s/pdf output.

So far, I connected the SB3 via toslink to an Arcam DAC. Now I can also
connect the Arcam directly to the s/pdf of the Asus (thus bypassing the
SB3).

What do you guys think: is the s/pdf of the SB3 better than that of the
Asus?

I just did a small listening comparison. There seems to be a slight
difference, but I'm not sure.

Is there a technical reason why there should (or should not) be a
difference between the two s/pdf signals sent to the Arcam DAC?

Thanks for answering,

Anko

--
anko