Gary,

I know what you mean about the Tact robbing the music, I couldnt live
without it though since I have a nigthmare of a room. Since I modified
the Tact with a better PSU, better isolation transformers on the
inputs, Black Gates and much better quality caps in the critical areas,
it is better and I have made some curves which seem ok. I love the DAX,
it is the full balanced version with Black Gates and for 44.1KHz, I
think is it hard to beat it without spending silly money. I found it
interesting that you used the big ben between the Tact and the DAX. Did
you try it between the SB3 and the Tact?

Regards,

Greg.

--
greg_f